Go to previous page


Make sure the following warnings have been read and fully understood before using components with coin or button cell batteries. Failure to follow the guidance could result in serious injury or death.


Chemical burn hazard. Batteries can cause severe internal burns within 2 hours of swallowing and may result in death. If it is suspected that a battery may have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek medical advice immediately.


Keep new and used batteries away from children.


If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep the product away from children.

When the battery needs replacing, there is a significant decrease in the effective range and the instrument panel displays Smart key battery low.

To replace the battery:

  1. Slide the cover in the direction of the arrows to remove.

  2. Use the emergency key blade to separate the smart key's body.

  3. Remove the battery and press the upper positive terminal until the negative grid is touched. Upon recovering the position of the terminal, the coin cell shall have firm positive contact with the upper terminal.

  4. Fit a new and unused CR2032 type battery, available from a retailer/authorised repairer, with the positive (+) side upward.


Avoid touching the new battery. Moisture or oil from fingers can reduce battery life and corrode the contacts.


If the low battery warning does not extinguish, it indicates that the replacement battery is not in a new or unused condition.

Refit the parts in reverse order, making sure that the parts click securely into place.

Battery disposal: Batteries contain harmful substances and must be disposed of correctly. Seek advice on disposal from a retailer/authorised repairer and/or the local authority.