Go to previous page

BATTERY CARE

WARNING

If battery electrolyte comes into contact with eyes, skin, or clothes, flush the skin and eyes with large amounts of clean water. Remove the affected clothing. Seek medical assistance immediately. Failing to do so may result in serious injury.

WARNING

If swallowed, battery electrolyte can be fatal. Seek medical assistance immediately.

WARNING

The cell plugs and vent pipe must be in place at all times when the battery is connected to the vehicle. Make sure that the vent pipe is clear of obstructions and not kinked. Failure to do so may cause a pressure build-up in the battery, potentially resulting in an explosion. An explosion may cause serious injury or death.

WARNING

Do not expose the battery to an open flame or spark as the battery produces explosive, flammable gas. An open flame or sparks may cause a fire or explosion, resulting in serious injury or death.

WARNING

Never jump start (boost), charge, or try to start a vehicle with a frozen battery. Doing so may result in an explosion. An explosion may cause serious injury or death.

WARNING

Remove all metal jewellery before working on, or near, the battery. Never allow metal objects or vehicle components to come into contact with the battery terminals. Metal objects can cause sparks or short circuits, potentially resulting in an explosion. An explosion may cause serious injury or death.

WARNING

Do not allow the battery posts or terminals to come into contact with skin. The posts and terminals contain lead and lead compounds, which are toxic. Always wash hands thoroughly after handling the battery. Excessive exposure to lead may cause long-term illness.

An Absorbed Glass Matt (AGM) battery is fitted to the vehicle.

CAUTION

AGM batteries are sealed for life and require no maintenance. To prevent damage to an AGM battery, do not attempt to open or remove the top from a battery.